Support for immigrants
When you immigrate to a new country, it’s easy to feel lost and alone. With new customs, language and ways of doing things, everything can seem quite different. But don’t worry: INICI is here to guide you, from the very start until after you’re settled.
From the moment you arrive in Quebec, a friendly and professional team will be on hand to guide and support you through every step of the settlement and integration process. From finding accommodation to obtaining your administrative documents (health insurance card, driver’s licence, etc.) to obtaining Canadian citizenship and sponsoring your family members, INICI will be at your side!
Whether you’ve recently arrived in Quebec or have been here for several years, INICI offers a wide range of services.
Important news: this service is now available to international students, people on work holiday visas and temporary workers!
Settling and registering for public services
- Finding housing
- Obtaining health insurance, driver’s licences, family allowances, etc.
- Registering for health care and social services, school, daycare, financial aid, etc.
- Assistance with public services
Help with the steps of immigration
- Applications for permanent residence, CSQ, citizenship, work permit, study permit, etc.
- Translation of documents (birth, marriage and death certificates)
- Referrals for specialized professional services
Mediation and conflict resolution
- Referral to other resources
- Help with food, clothing, furniture, etc.
- Psychosocial support and counselling for victims of domestic violence, organized violence or torture
INICI is one of the organizations designated by the Government of Quebec to help you settle and work in the regions outside Montreal. These regions are thriving economically, which means they offer great professional opportunities for immigrants in many sectors. Is it your goal to find a job or go to school and live in one of these regions?
INICI and its partners can help you move to a new region (relocation allowance), find a job and take a training course leading to a qualification.
You won’t be alone in this adventure! Find a job in the Regions: https://emploisenregions.ca
Immigration regionalization program
INICI and its partners can help you find a job, get training and move to a region outside Montreal:
- Financial assistance for moving and technical assistance for terminating a lease
- Connecting with regional representatives and organizing recruitment activities with employers
- Visits to different regions and local companies to learn more about them
- Referral to regional partner organizations
Discover regionalization activities
Are you an immigrant looking for a job outside Montreal? Contact us!
Want to explore and learn more about your new community? Want to get involved, network and meet new people? There are lots of activities available to help you discover your new country.
Whether you want to discover what makes Quebec unique, help your community, have fun or meet new people, INICI and its partners offer a wide range of activities that are sure to interest you.
- Cultural and family outings and sports activities
- Volunteering opportunities at job fairs, sports events, festivals, community organizations, citizen engagement activities, etc.
- Meetings with experts on different aspects of life in Quebec: housing, healthcare, community resources, legal rights, the job market, history, culture, civic engagement, etc.
Find out about upcoming activities
French is the key to your integration in Quebec. Whether it’s for everyday life or to find a job, mastering French is essential.
INICI has thought of everything and organizes French courses for all types of students!
Learning French for free: a huge help!
- Part time: 4 hours, 6 hours, 9 hours or 12 hours per week
- Different levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced
- Schedules: mornings, evenings and weekends
- Official francization program from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
- Courses recognized as proof of language skills for Canadian citizenship applications
- Financial assistance of $26 per day (depending on eligibility)
- Reimbursement of childcare costs of $9 per day (depending on eligibility)
- Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday to Thursday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday to Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Registrations for the fall 2023 session will take place DATE
How to register for French courses:
- Fill out the registration form
- Download and complete the Ministère’s French-language course registration form
- Send your documents to the following email address to complete your registration:
- For more information, email us at
IMPORTANT: After you have completed your online registration (step 1), you need to send the Ministère de l’Immigration’s registration form (step 2), along with your documents and/or proof of immigration (step 3), or your registration will not be processed.
For most immigrants, finding a job in Quebec quickly is a priority. It helps them to integrate more quickly into the host society, support themselves and contribute to Quebec’s prosperity. INICI can help you find a job that matches your skills and dreams! Save time and meet with an employment advisor.
The advisor will suggest a career development plan, and you’ll be enrolled in a program that matches your career goals.
INICI provides free support to all immigrants who are entitled to work in Quebec (permanent residents, people who hold an open work permit, temporary workers, people on work holiday visas, postgraduate international students, etc.).
Ready to Work
INICI developed this new program to help you to find a job in four efficient steps:
- Make a list of your skills and professional experience
- Decide on your professional objectives and adjust your professional toolkit (CV, cover letters, etc.)
- Build your professional brand image and determine your promotional strategy (LinkedIn profile, elevator pitch, networking, social networks, etc.)
- Find relevant job offers, prepare for and succeed in interviews
Explore Your Career
INICI developed this new program to help you restart your career in Quebec in four efficient steps:
- Identify and list your knowledge and skills
- Explore your options and choose your career path
- Make decisions and establish your strategy for the short, medium and long term
- Draw up an action plan and implement it with the support of your employment advisor and your friends and family
Welcome to INICI, your integration partner in Quebec. We understand the daily challenges you face as asylum seekers.
You are not alone anymore! In addition to providing you with free French language courses, INICI will assist you in your efforts to find housing and employment that match your skills.
To me, INICI is a very well organized school, with competent professors. I came at first to improve my French for a couple of months, and now I speak French very well.
Nian – Chine
INICI really helped me with my immigration and installation process since I arrived in Canada as an asylum seeker. Thanks to the help INICI’s team provided, I found a place to stay, and when I obtained the protected person status, the team helped me with my resident permanency and family reunion applications.
Mariette – Burundi
First, INICI helped me to have a better application file and to be ready for the job interviews. Then as I was interested in moving out in a region, I subscribed to the regionalization program. It’s been extremely helpful. Thanks to INICI, I participated in an exploratory activity and a meeting with some employers from Mauricie. With this activity I found a job in my work expertise!
Arian et Madelyn – Cuba
Welcome to INICI – Zone Intégration , a space for you. Whether you’re an immigrant who is already in Quebec, a future immigrant, an employer or a partner, the Zone Intégration allows you to access your file at any time, file your documents securely, make appointments, take part in activities (staff recruitment, outings, conferences, workshops) and much more!